Senior Application Support Engineer(Basil)
We are seeking a knowledgeable Application Support Specialist to monitor and maintain the efficiency of our software applications. In this role, your duties will include reporting to your team leader, collaborating with colleagues to fix technical issues. You will also be required to provide support to our clients on their technical issues through BO team (Level 1), who provide them with the needed reports. Deploying the new versions of applications for enhancement or fixing bugs.
• 5+ Years’ experience knowledge in Windows platform O/S ( 2012 / 2016 / 2019).
• Solid knowledge of:
o Windows Services.
o Web Application Deployment.
o API and WCF.
o Network (LB, Ports) Troubleshooting.
o .Net Framework & .Net Core.
o SSL Certificates.
• A working Knowledge in handling Windows server applications (applications publishing, deployment, troubleshooting and support).
• Experience in apache tomcat and troubleshooting using LINUX/UNIX OS.
• Unix commands knowledge.
• Administer and resolve applications issues, provide updates and perform root cause analysis. (including the end users technical tickets and requests).
• Perform root cause assessment and debug all issues on server domain, and availability of applications.
• Good to have experience in Setup and managing Rabbit MQ cluster.
• A General understanding of infrastructure.
• A General understanding of DB.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Monitor, troubleshoot and tune performance for company applications, with a focus on stability and end user impact.
• Fix the technical issues if any.
• Ensuring effective front-end and back-end functionality of applications.
• Solve clients tickets which usually related to technical issues. If it is code related issue, investigate with development team.
• Work with non-IT staff to troubleshoot application issues that will be escalated from support staff and Helpdesk.
• Consulting with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance.
• Preparing and Installing servers for new applications.
• Provides knowledge transfer to other IT team members, writing documentation as required.
• Other plan driven duties and/or responsibility as deemed necessary and appropriate.
• Availability after hours in the case of emergency and escalated system support issues.