Backoffice Engineer is assigned to work with troubleshooting / configuration /
traffic measurements / performance of various telecom systems. He is to act on
network and relevant equipment problems escalated from the surveillance
function. It is the responsibility of the System Engineer to solve and correct
service and network problems according to agreed timing and standards set, to
detect and highlight network deficiencies and to some extent predict future
• System problems are to be identified and escalated to corresponding system
• Keeps the SW/HW and TR status under control.
• Contribute in the creation and improvements to procedures and routines within
the department / group.
• Take full responsibility for any changes introduced to the network or to any
to any changes made to methods, processes or procedures, whether internal or
• Keeping the performance of the network at the highest possible level by
ensuring that problems / degradations are handled swiftly, that relevant
performance parameters are monitored interpreted and highlighted if deemed
• Solve and correct service and network problems according to agreed timing and
• Provide the Team Leader/Manager with reports of work done daily &
• Attend in technical meetings responsible for team activities.
• Should make creation and improvements to procedures and routines within the
department / group.
-Duties and Activities
The main activities are the following:
• 2nd Level Restoration
• Trouble Report Handling
• Change Request Handling
• Create and Update Maintenance Routines
• Create and Analyse Performance Reports
• Prepare and implement SW, HW and configuration data changes
• Design/Implement tariff, service class etc.
• Investigate Disturbances